About the Program
The MD/PhD program at the Wayne State University School of Medicine is aimed at a few highly motivated individuals! Our program combines outstanding scientific training with state-of-the-art clinical medicine to train individuals as physician-scientists, excelling in careers in research and education. Our program is uniquely structured to integrate clinical and scientific experiences through all years of training.
Read more about the program.
- Derek Cheung
- Samantha Habhab
- Vikas Kodali
Congratulations to our 2013 MD/PhD program graduate!
Chaowen Wu: Medical College of Wisconsin, Plastic Surgery
Congratulations to the following students who have been granted national awards or fellowships.
- Stephen Dzul, AHA MWA Summer 2013 Predoctoral Fellowship
- Jesse Veenstra, NIH F30 Individual Fellowship award 2010
- Nicholas Mischel, NIH F30 Individual Fellowship award 2010
- David Bissig, NIH F30 Individual Fellowship award 2010
- Jeffrey Szymanski, NIH F30 Individual Fellowship award 2009
- Doug Atchison, 5 year NIH F30 Individual Fellowship award 2009
- Olga Astapova, 5 year NIH F30 Individual Fellowship award 2009
- Alyssa Bottrell, Department of Defense Fellowship award
Congratulations to David Bissig on his fifth, first authored publication!
Congratulations to Eric Kim on his first author publication.
Congratulations to Erik Brown, awarded the 2012 Asselin Award from the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences for his First-Author paper!
Congratulations to Doug Atchison on his fourth, first authored, manuscript publication!